Sunday, August 3, 2008

saturday aug. 2 - bacon banquets and such




now it's saturday morning and i need to plan my time carefully. i'm just about through baking 2+ lbs of bacon which will go in the fridge on the boat for sandwiches etc. no breakfast so I could repackage another trunk plus full of food and supplies to take onboard. We all scrambled to get things in dry bags to put on the kayak and dinghy for transport. Bob, Rachel and Jim headed off to the boat while I went to the farmers market and Lori stayed to finish laundry and baking the last lasagna. Farmers market was very crowded and I found no basil (can you tell I have basil obsession?). Instead I got huge avocadoes for $1.50 each. Picked up Lori and stopped to buy lunch for everyone.

Accidentally backed into and destroyed a planter and crushed in the back bumper of the car. Yikes. And how embarrassing as so many stood around and gawked. The manager was extremely kind in accepting my apology AND he even pushed out the plastic bumper on the car. Whew, that was a close call.

Three hours later got everything stowed away on the boat and we actually left earlier than expected. Back at the condo we had time for a leisurely shower before heading out to the awards dinner. It was beautifully set up and I was the first in line at the buffet! Jim got second in his division of big boats but the trophy hasn’t arrived yet so we’ll get it when we get home. Just as well since we’d have no place onboard for it. He also got a great picture of him at the starting line and that will get displayed someplace.

It was a fun evening with everyone in high spirits and looking quite relaxed. We all wandered out to watch the sunset and take pictures which I’ve posted here.

No comments: