Friday, September 12, 2008

foggy leaving at brigantine bay sept 2 08









We woke up to a white-out of fog. I could barely see beyond the boat. As you can see by the pictures, the fog lifted fairly quickly. As jim was raising the anchor the hose at the bow stopped working. Not good as we needed it to rinse the mud off the anchor before putting it into the locker, otherwise it makes a terrible smell. We spent an hour trying to use a bucket and finally I suggested I get into the bosin’s chair and he lower me over the bow. It worked perfectly as I could swish the anchor chain around in the water to clean it off. So we got a very late start heading back to pt. townsend.




So other pictures are of an island we saw for sale. Haven't called yet but it's tempting. Then motoring into pt from the other direction, not the docks where we were before.

I was still bummed about the camera and I called Peggy to ask her to order me a new one for overnight delivery to the boatyard. Thanks Peggy! Things were looking up and we got back into pt. townsend before sunset.

No comments: