Friday, September 12, 2008

housesitting and sunsets week of sept 8 08





































Here’s bringing you current as of today (whew! it’s a chore keeping up with this blogging when I fall behind). We are currently housesitting for Linda and Dan here in PT. They have a comfortable home outside of town with a long balcony chock full of active bird feeders, a very relaxed calico cat, and a massage chair to die for. Oh and the view is right out to Discovery Bay (at least I think that’s what I’m looking at) and sunsets off to the side. I’m delighted to have a kitchen again, and laundry facilities. Jim’s thrilled with the HDTV and cable, terrible combination, I might add, of HDTV and massage chair. We may never leave.

The boat is still being worked on. Repaired v-berth cabinetry and sole pieces, along with adding a much-needed hand rail in the salon. And something about the bow but I can’t remember at this moment. I just see $$$$ floating by. Anyway, it looks like we might go back in the water next Wednesday, Sept. 17. Then we’ll head back out, in the time we have left, to explore as much of the San Juan and Gulf islands as we can before coming back. We plan to leave October 4 from PT to head home, weather permitting.

We replaced the lost camera. Jim’s been puttering on the boat and I’ve been inquiring about kayaking spots, checking out the consignment stores (there are a lot of ‘em around here), reading (currently Bel Canto by Ann Patchett—great read) and taking lots of pictures. I’ve been to Old Fort Townsend State Park, Fort Worden where I saw the otters, a local beach access down the road here. We’ve been to the Rose Movie Theatre (Tell No One, French subtitled--very well done—man accused of murdering his wife w/lots of suspense. We highly recommend it). We went into Seattle to REI flagship store. What an amazing store. We got lost just getting from the parking structure through the pretend forest up to the store entrance. Armchair Sailor bookstore was incredibly well-stocked with all manner of nautical information with books, charts, stuff.


That’s it. I officially declare myself caught up and done. The pictures are the otters in order of appearance, seattle skyline and sunset on the ferry.

No comments: