Saturday, December 5, 2009

patzcuaro for noche de muertos nov. 1




traditional sugar skulls in the mercado



parrots for sale - little bird would be really upset if he saw this


building off the plaza chica in downtown


french toast at Casa Venezuela


Nov. 1 - George was kind enough to make us a special breakfast before we left for Patzcuaro. It was a relatively short (3 hour) bus ride to this small pueblo that's known for its Noche de Muertos celebrations. We got there just in time to visit the artesania Mercado. Poor Jim, he's just not a shopper. While he napped at the hotel I was shopping my heart out. Local artists from all over came to this Mercado. I never saw so much stuff in all my life. Unfortunately I had to cut my shopping short because we were meeting our tour guide at 7:30pm so he could explain what we were going to see this evening on our tour of the cemetaries. More about that in the next posting.

No comments: