Thursday, July 24, 2008

Jim on July 24 - asking for mercy in 70 hours


428 miles to go. If the weather holds, I will be there in about 70 hours, maybe a little sooner. Been charging the batteries with the Panda since I left (2-3 hours/ day). Went to start the main engine today for the first time since I left and sure enough it wouldn't turn over, so I had to go trouble shooting. Not my idea of fun. Fortunately I found the problem rather quickly, a loose wire. The engine now runs. Other than verify that the engine would start, my other goal is to use it to generate hot water. It's time for a bath. I has gotten bad enough that even I can't stand myself. Also notice that the wire seal had broken on the shaft. Guess it was put on too tight. I will need to throw myself on Synthia's mercy, so I don't get disqualified.

No comments: