Saturday, July 26, 2008

lazy saturday july 26 - farmers market














It’s a lazy Saturday and I’ve had the pleasure of chatty phones with Isabel and Marilyn. It’s almost like I haven’t left home. And then the farmers market. What a treat. First off very easy parking to accommodate all those people. Flue and guitar players greeted everyone and it was a mix of crafts, jewelry (high end and not) and fruits and veggies (lots of organic). Saw more new foods—cream apples, mountain apples, and more varieties of mangoes. So, the mountain apple or malay http://www.tradewindsfruit.com/malay_apple.htm grows in tropical and rain forest environs and is eaten like the apples we know. They’re pear shaped and bright red. Tasty. I’m still looking for a good website to explain some of the other fruits I’m trying. Bought a cream apple and will eat it tomorrow with Jim. I also bought some local goat cheese from kauai kunana dairy and it’s amazing. The lilikoi goat cheese is especially wonderful and probably won’t be when Jim arrives. Oh well, there’s always next Saturday.

Raw foods are here too. I bought 2 energy balls of apricots, seeds and I can’t remember what else, oh coconut too. They were really tasty and I was thinking of Cynthia and Wyn when I scarfed them down. Wish I could have afforded the curry hummus too but by then I was running low and wanted to save some $$ for the crafters.

And then there were the jewelers. Bought another ring (can’t have too many) that I’m wearing right now. Takes getting used to the wideness of the thing but I love the way it looks.
So that’s it for now. Back home getting a grip on the blog entries which sometimes feel like work but mostly it’s fun. Oh forgot to mention I also stopped at a garage sale on the way home. How could I not stop. Cynthia, Dorit, Isabel would never allow that.

No comments: