Thursday, July 24, 2008

july 23 - my bird roomies


Slept in until 5am. In the early morning light I made coffee and checked the race results and read the emails. By the way, I don’t know how to deal with comments yet so it’s best to email me directly.

Sat on the porch and was visited by what I call morning doves and those other birds I need to identify (note to self). At one point four of them were on the railing staring at me, then three moved to the table next to me. I suspect they expect food and I'm woefully unaccommodating.

It's rained twice this morning and now the clouds are moving around and I see bits and pieces of sunlight and pale blue sky. I'm discovering all the mosquito bites from yesterday and am fully aware of my water retention, especially as I type this. I know I mentioned this before, but really, I’m swollen in all the wrong places.

So far plan for today is to get myself out in the next hour and drive around, find a nice place to sit and journal or read or just soak in the landscape.

No comments: